In September 1888, the Hutzler brothers erected a grand, multi-story “palace” on the site of their original store. Designed by Baldwin & Pennington, one of Baltimore’s leading architectural firms, the magnificent Romanesque building that housed Hutzler’s became one of the city’s most important commercial landmarks. Source: Isador Blum, The Jews of Baltimore: An Historical Summary of Their Progress as Citizens of Baltimore from Early Days to the Year 1910. Washington, DC: Baltimore Washington Historical Review, 1910, p. 268.
Hutzler Brothers Department Storer2WPadmin2018-08-07T23:17:07+00:00