In 1905, K&E’s Hoboken factory was seriously damaged in a fire. Keuffel rebuilt and modernized the factory, which reopened in July 1907, just in time for the company’s fortieth anniversary. The new building on the west side of Adams covered the length of Third Street to Jefferson Street. It was made of fireproof concrete and, at 152,500 square feet, was the largest facility of its kind in the world. The new factory was Keuffel’s last major project on behalf of K&E; fifteen months later, he died at his home in Hoboken.
Keuffel & Esser Co. general office and factories, Hoboken, NJ, ca. 1915-20r2WPadmin2018-08-07T23:50:26+00:00