St. Matthew’s German Lutheran Church, 8th & Hudson Sts., Hoboken, NJ, ca. 1877
St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, a German church established in Hoboken in 1858, was an important German institution. Hermann and Bertha Esser were married there on September 30, 1869. View the Full-Size Image »
Deutscher Club (German Club) at the northwest corner of 6th & Hudson Sts., Hoboken, NJ, ca. 1860s
This project is sponsored by the Transatlantic Program of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany through funds of the European Recovery Program (ERP) of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology.