William Achatius Menger
- Chabot, Frederick. With the Makers of San Antonio, Genealogies of the Early Latin, Anglo-American, and German families with Occasional Biographies, Each Group Being Prefaced with a Brief Historical Sketch and Illustrations. . San Antonio: Artes Graficas, 1937.
- Dalton, Inez Strickland. The Menger Hotel: San Antonio’s Civic and Social Center, 1859-1877. West Texas Historical Association Year Book. 32 (October, 1956): 85-102.
- Everett, Donald E. San Antonio: The Flavor of Its Past, 1845-1898. San Antonio: Trinity University Press, 1976. .
- Keeth, Kent. Sankt Antonius: Germans in the Alamo City of the 1850s. Historical Quarterly. 76.2 (October 1972): 183-202.
- Lich, Glen D. The German Texans. . San Antonio: University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.