- . Joseph Schaffner 1848–1918: Recollections and Impressions of his Associates. . Chicago: Privately Published, 1920.
- Bae, Youngsoo. Labor in Retreat: Class and Community Among Men’s Clothing Workers of Chicago, 1871-1929. . Albany: SUNY Press, 2001.
- Brinkmann, Tobias. Sundays at Sinai: a Jewish Congregation in Chicago. . Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2012.
- Fraser, Steven. Combined and Uneven Development in the Men’s Clothing Industry. The Business History Review. 57 (1983): 522-47.
- Hart Schaffner & Marx Records, 1901-1955Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C., Archives Center – National Museum of American History
- Chicago Sinai Congregation PapersAmerican Jewish Archives, Cincinnati, OH