- Adams, Willi Paul. The Colonial German-Language Press and the American Revolution. </em>In<em> The Press & the American Revolution</em>, eds. Bernard Bailyn and John B. Hench, 151-228. Worcester: American Antiquarian Society, 1980.
- Lineback, Donald June. An Annotated Edition of the Diary of Johann Heinrich Müller (1702-1782), Pietist and Printer of the American Revolution. . Dissertation, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1975.
- Lineback, Donald June. Johann Heinrich Muller: Printer, Moravian, Revolutionary. Transactions of the Moravian Historical Society. 23.1 (1977): 61-76.
- Roeber, A.G. German and Dutch Books and Printing. </em>In<em> The Colonial Book in the Atlantic World</em>, eds. Hugh Amory and David D. Hall, 293-313. Vol. 1, <em>A History of the Book in America. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2007.
- Roeber, A.G. Henry Miller’s ‘Staatsbote’: A Revolutionary Journalist’s Use of the Swiss Past. Yearbook of German-American Studies. 25 (1990): 57-76.