- Carosso, Vincent. Investment Banking in America, a History. . Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1970.
- Carosso, Vincent. Morgan's Private International Bankers 1854-1913. . Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1987.
- Cohen, Naomi. Jacob H. Schiff: A Study in American Jewish Leadership. . Hanover, NH: Brandeis University Press, 1999.
- Kobrak, Christopher. Banking on Global Markets: Deutsche Bank and the United States, 1870 to the Present. . Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Moody, John. The Truth about Trusts. A Description and Analysis of the American Trust Movement. . New York and Chicago: Moody Publishing Company, 1904.
- Pak, Suzie J. Gentlemen Bankers: The World of J.P. Morgan. . Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2013.
- Rottenberg, Dan. The Man Who Made Wall Street: Anthony J. Drexel and the Rise of Modern Finance. . Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2001.
- Supple, Barry E. A Business Elite: German-Jewish Financiers in Nineteenth-Century New York. Business History Review. 31.2 (1957): 143-178.
- Wilkins, Mira. The History of Foreign Investment in the United States to 1914. . Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1989.
- New York (State). Legislature. Joint committee on investigation of life insurance. (1905-1906). Official testimony taken before the legislative insurance investigating committee of the state of New York by authority of a joint resolution of the Legislature .... . Albany: Brandow Printing Company, State Printers, 1906. Volume 2 (Armstrong Hearings).
- . Final Report of the Committee to Investigate the Concentration and Control of Money and Credit. 62nd Congress 3rd session, submitted by Mr. Pujo February 23, 1913. Report 1593. Washington, DC: General Printing Office, 1913. .
- Syndicate Books of Drexel, Morgan & Co. and of J. P. Morgan & CoThe Pierpont Morgan Library and Museum, New York, NY, 1879-1918, Twelve Volumes