Advertisement for M. C. W. Brand Medical Narcotics
The Mallinckrodt Company’s venture into the production of cocaine, morphine, and other medical narcotics was well timed. Around 1898, the company purchased access to cocaine and morphine manufacturing processes developed by external innovators. By 1920, medical cocaine and morphine had become the company’s two most profitable products. This advertisement for M. C. W. brand medical narcotics appeared in the Proceedings of the Annual Convention of the Alabama Pharmaceutical Association (1907).