Craftsman Building as Illustrated in T"he Craftsman" (January 1914)

In 1913, Stickley leased a twelve-story building in midtown Manhattan. The Craftsman Building, as it would come to be called, was an enormous complex that housed showrooms, the offices of Craftsman magazine, and a top-floor restaurant that served food grown on Craftsman Farms. In January 1914, Stickley introduced his readers to the building by way of this illustration and article.

Source: New York’s Newest Institution for the Service of the Public,” in The Craftsman, vol. 25, no. 4 (January 1914), p. 4a. Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and Material Culture, University of Wisconsin.